The benefits of L-arginine are derived from its roles in protein synthesis and serving as a precursor to nitric oxide, which is a potent vasodilator. Arginine is important for cellular functions, muscle mass development, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure.
In the body, the amino acid arginine changes into nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide is a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax and also improves circulation.
Other L-arginine benefits include:
- Lowering risk for arteriosclerosis and heart attack
- Repairing blood vessels
- Fighting congestive heart failure (CHF) and coronary artery disease
- Helping lower high blood pressure
- Improving athletic performance
- Increasing immune function
- Reducing muscle pains (especially in the legs caused by blocked arteries)
- Correcting impotence, erectile dysfunction (ED) and male infertility.
- L-arginine is known to effectively improve blood flow, which means it helps bring nutrients and oxygen to muscle and joint tissues.
Take 2 capsules daily (1600mg). Research shows in some cases up to 5grams daily for better performance of Cardio vascular function or as recommended by your health care professional.